Pages

Monday, December 1, 2008



This is after our tour of the Candy Basket last month. Checking out the candy. So much candy.

I have super glue stuck to several of my fingers from gluing together Eva's crab shell that she found when we were camping at Nehalem Bay last summer. He was cracked tonight when the shell basket fell over onto the brick floor by the nature table. Samuel's space guy Beam had accidentally (or was it Reptilan Snake?) pulled it down. Samuel came in the room as I was gluing on the eye and said that I was really very brave for touching the crab eye and putting the crab back together. It got me thinking about how one thing might be easy for one person and another thing easy for another and how we pass judgment on one another for our preferences when they differ and also get upset with one another when we are too similar- hey I like that, no I like that...The tension between being the same and being different. Belonging and autonomy always seem to be tugging at one another in our culture.

No comments: