Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Today I put the kombucha mother I have been growing into a decent amount of black tea with sugar and water and a little mature kombucha and she is now fermenting and growing in a glass bread pan on top of the microwave. Old meets new, so to speak. I think I will give a look in about a week and test her pH to see how acidic she is.

We are getting quite a snow storm here with several inches of snow falling and even lots of wind and gusting. I was joking around earlier about snowfall in Portland, but really it is coming down in such a way that most people should even stay off of the roads. I think this means (or hope!) that it will stick around for a day or two because Eva is desperate to make a snowman. Last year we got nothing. The year before? we had snow for several days complete with sledding. This year Samuel asked for snow pants and put them on willingly and asked why he didn't want to wear them before. I said I wasn't entirely certain but it had seemed so important to him, why push. I mean it is really only snow pants we are talking about here. And lookee here, age 8 1/2 and he puts them on voluntarily! I tell you these things will happen if only we can wait!

And I made this little lady today. I used an angel pattern I found online somewhere? and was going to call her a fairy but I am not sure if that will stick because Eva looked at me askance each time I said fairy but when she saw the finished product she was quite pleased. We shall see. I want to make a few more and yet they are a mite tedious so I am not sure how many I will actually make. It can be so much fun to make one small thing but I feel I am pushing it when I make more...I guess I can break it up with some other knitting and see what happens.



She is about 2 1/2 inches tall with wild hair covering her wings!

No comments: