Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2008

she's a real martian beauty

Eva has been very inspired by this vintage sesame street flick.

She has taken to drawing the martian beauty in various drawings and today gave me a sample of what types of tattoos I could have. Martian beauty was one of the options...



baby sweater knitting in background...

We went to the market today and the kale guy said he may not come next week because, after all, it is winter. I mean, sort of, I guess. We did get a frost today. The market attendance was low today and I can see that many others feel as he does. Everyone is wearing a hat. There are some coats. I feel sad when the market closes but luckily I have my produce basket to keep me in fresh produce for the next couple of months until the market (and my garden) get back into the swing of growing. I bought extra kale.

Jack was so excited by the frost that he went outside and ran around really fast, jumping up and down excitedly. He loves the cool weather and if we ever get snow, hang on as he bounds this way and that into the snow drifts.

Samuel had the idea to pour water all over the patio and then when it freezes at night, we will have an ice skating rink in our yard. They may do this. I can't say for certain but if they are inspired, this could indeed happen, at least on part of the patio.

Overheard-
Samuel, "Eva don't spit, it's not polite!" [I swear I have never ever said this.]

1 comment:

Lisa said...

does this mean you are considering a tattoo...?! :D