Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

mittens!

I finished Eva's mittens. Love mittens to go with her bear hat. I have been sick for the last couple of days and am feeling so much better today. We have so many overdue library items I blinked when I saw the list. Too bad they don't have a I'm-sick-can-I-have-a-few-more-days-on-the-library-books option. I suppose they would argue that people would take advantage of this. Did you know that Borders doesn't allow returns without a gift receipt (or any receipt, for that matter) because of book-return-fraud issues? True. I had a clerk tell me all about it last time I was in there trying to return a book without a receipt. I think my dog ate it? No, Eva drew on it and it is now a part of the scrapbook? They didn't believe me.

The next thing to knit is a sweater for Mary's baby (don't look Mary!) who is due very very soooon. And the kids need to work on some crafty things for a homeschool craft sale they are doing next week. We are thinking something like bracelets, melty-bead-robots (or something robot, depending...) and something like brownies because Eva doesn't want to sell anything she makes but food is OK. Maybe some little guys with eyes? We need to head over to the craft store and just get a couple of ideas, set them up on the table, and see what happens. Samuel is also planning a raffle, so it could end up he makes one of each and then just sells raffle tickets for the lot, which seems like a pretty good option at this point in the game.

When you're done, you're done. I just burned a grilled cheese. Yikes.

We watched Martian Child while I was sick and now the kids are watching the newer Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Augustus Gloop the Nincompoop...that sort of thing.

No comments: