Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I took a whole camera full of pictures yesterday of the snow and just didn't have a chance to put some of them up here. The kids and I took a wonderful walk in the snow and went sledding. I pulled Eva (and often Samuel as well) in the sled and we took Jack who is really loving this weather. It turns out every time to be a little far to walk to the sledding hill for little legs. Taking the sled helped quite a bit with that.

A few photos from out and about in the snow-



our yard back and front (maple, spruce, pin oak)



our street, one way then the other



commonwealth park



pulling the kids on the sled and winter patterns

Eva has been enjoying reading different ballets, particularly The Firebird, Swan Lake and Sleeping Beauty in the Usborne Ballet Treasury. When I searched for some more Firebird stories I found Imaginary Menagerie which we enjoyed reading last night. And we are just loving reading Comet in Moominland by Tove Jansson, our first Moominbook! I finished up Oscar Wao and then read Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. I am looking forward to my next book on hold at the library. I have to say I am really enjoying reading some fiction after mainly reading non-fiction for so long.

Lots of knitting and baking today, getting ready for Christmas. Who can believe it really is the day after tomorrow! Also hoping for a snowman today to round out the snow time.

Last night we had a summer feast. I got out
peaches I had canned and frozen upicked marion berries and my really yummy tomato dill soup frozen over the summer with delicious summer tomatoes (from the Moosewood cookbook...). Exceptional. No produce deliveries due to snow for the next couple of weeks and they will be out of town. Lots of oppotunities to eat thawed summer fare! And of course I have some kale!

2 comments:

Miriam said...

Oh, I *love* the Moomintroll books!! The first one is wonderful, I read it I don't know how many times as a kid.
And Owen enjoys having them read to him.

Jessica Huber said...

We are really enjoying them! I sometimes can't believe how many good stories there truly are!
Jessica