Pages

Monday, November 24, 2008

oh what a picture

there would have been today if not for the untimely demise of my camera...there are at least 20? perhaps 30? stuffed animals gathered around the kitchen table, on the floor, on the chairs, under the table...and some of them have swords! Do you think I will be able to serve dinner tonight with such a ruckus?

Without a camera, my mind turns toward food preparation. I have been roasting kale the last several days after buying two large bunches at the market on Saturday. This is a lovely way to prepare kale and one in which you can eat A LOT of kale. Chop it up (without middle stem) and put on a baking sheet, toss with olive oil and a little salt and roast for 20-minutes-ish in the oven, checking often and turning and moving with a spatula so that it doesn't over cook. You can cook this much more quickly at a higher temperature but I am not usually johnny-on-the-spot-enough to accomplish this without burning at least some of it. Remove the kale and toss with Parmesan cheese. Eva loves this as well and today was so excited when I pulled it out of the oven. "Oh goody, that stuff!" she exclaimed. [large smile]

No comments: