Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2008

I was finally able to finish knitting a doll for Eva and am happy to say she turned out lovely. Eva loved her so much and put a barrette in her hair and made a necklace for her. She told me she didn't care what she looked like and that it was only important that I knit her. So of course I gave her the doll when I finished and did not save her for Christmas, which had been my original intention. That, and the fact that I am going around finishing up projects (or ripping them out entirely) so that I can have a fresh plate for the New Year. Every New Year for the past several years I have gone around and tossed any lists I find (to-do, to-get, to-be, to-read...) and I am also now trying to finish things up. Some of the unfinished projects are not a bother and others really keep me from moving on. The doll is finished! And I am sad to say that my camera died yesterday so there will be no picture forthcoming, at least not in the near future.

We got our turkey for Thanksgiving today at the market!

Oh, and I made this awesome soup with the kabocha squash from my produce basket. I cooked the squash (and removed the seeds, etc after it was cooked), sauted leeks, garlic, one potato, added cooked squash, two cups broth/water and thyme from the herbs out back and some wild rice/brown rice. It was amazing. You could blend it all up and then add the rice or leave the potato and leek chunks, which I chose to do because I have had several pureed soups of late.

No picture today. Today's picture would either have been of the leaves, which will soon be raked again, or the new baby doll, all pink and purple with braids and a pink barrette bow in her hair.

Oh and I think I am going to knit some of these leg warmers for Eva, who is in need of warmth!

No comments: