Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I sat down initially to post a photo of yet another amazing flower currently blooming in my yard (The phrase amazing flower seems redundant at this point. It seems it would be enough to simply say flower, that the connotation of that word alone would speak for itself. I am, however, beside myself with enthusiasm as I stand in front of these flowers, all of these flowers, and words like amazing!, lovely!, magical!, gorgeous!, c'est magnifique!, kraseevaya!, oooh la la!, can you be-lieve that flower blooming over there... tend to bubble up from within. The flowers don't seem to mind the redundancy. Maybe they don't see it as redundancy per se, maybe they see it as simply the way things are. Beautiful flower. Of course.).



And then I was looking at the photos on the camera and came across this one that made me laugh out loud. He he. In a moment of wellness the kids were playing with their guinea pigs. I asked Samuel about this scene and as far as I could understand, the guinea pigs were posing to have their pictures taken in all of their finery before they marched off to war. Of course. And now looking back on the evening last night I see what the conflict was about. Samuel wanted the guinea pigs to go to war and Eva wanted them to...what? Not go to war. And that was enough. It is all clear now as I look at this photo and laugh. Beautiful flowers, laughing guinea pigs. What more? May laughter and beauty fill all our days.



one further away, one close up (that, by the way, is where the twist ties went that I was searching for when I was trying to round up the extension cord for the lawn mower earlier in the day...)

No comments: