Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

bug quest



Eva and I have been out and about with the insects and spiders quite a bit lately. We took these together- earwig, honey bee, slug taking in some water...



Growing Cross Spider...she is actually quite a bit smaller than she will be in the fall but so much bigger than the babies we saw just the other day. I think this is one of the spiders whose webs I kept disturbing to open the shed door where the lawn mower is stored. She was finally frustrated enough to move her web just around the corner. I wish I could say the same for Momma Yellow Jacket who continues to build her nest, albeit slowly, in the corner of the shed. She no longer looks up whenever I enter, so used to my presence is she and confident, apparently, that I mean her no harm. Hopefully she will tell her babies as much. Our missions in this life are not so very different after all.

No comments: