Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

We are off tomorrow to check out Seattle for a few days. The kids are very excited and I am hoping it will be a nice diversion for Samuel and give him a break from thinking about his birthday for a few days. He is completely obsessed with it arriving more quickly, poor little guy, and it has become quite a strain on both of us. So we will spend a few jam packed days at the aquarium and the science center. Swimming. A little card playing in the hotel. Some restaurant food and lots of mango tango and chocolate pudding.

When we come back it is all about getting ready for his birthday...Samuel is asking for a DS this year and is very excited to finally be able to play a certain Kirby game. He has plans to go directly to Blockbuster on his birthday {do not pass go!} for this particular game. I am hoping it lasts a little longer than The Force Unleashed did when we were given a Wii last November for Matt's birthday. He finished that in about six hours. Surely Kirby has a few more hours to offer us? Besides the DS he is all about the Lego Power Miner sets. He is completely taken with the Rock Monsters. I have to agree they are definitely cute! I'm not sure we need all of them, but who am I to judge another's desire?

2 comments:

Earthmamagoddess said...

OH my Jessica, Indigo's birthday is March 8 and she is really struggling too, but I think last year was worse. She will be 8. I really love his plan forhis birthday, samuel always seems so purposeful.

have a tremendous time, I wish I could come....out of town sounds heavenly.

Jessica Huber said...

Thank you Deb! We will go again! I love to go out of town :)

I forgot Indigo's birthday was the 8th. Wow! and Eva's is on the 20th. The birthday countdown is excruciating...

Samuel totally has purpose. He plans the whole thing. He plans Halloween and Christmas too :)