Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

outside

Yesterday we went with ellen to Sauvie Island to look for frogs. It is almost time for the frogs but not quite. Instead we saw so many ducks and had sandwiches and enjoyed our time outside. I hope to try again in a week.

Today Eva and I pruned more roses in the backyard and I finished fixing up another flower bed. Thirteen roses pruned, fifteen to go. The wood violets are blooming well now and I found forget-me-not plants and peonies popping up as well. Samuel cut down so many blackberry vines today- he loves using the loppers that my dad bought for us last time he was out. I was sorry I didn't have more for him to cut down. Neither of the kids was particularly interested in clearing away leaves or dead vines from last fall. They do the pruning and lopping and I tidy things up behind them. It is really nice having their help and company. I love this time of year outside and the yard tidying it brings. Turns out I love to prune roses- must be that gene thing again. I look forward to the flowers popping up and enjoy seeing their plants getting set for spring time. I always forget just how many flowers there are in our yard!



Sauvie Island



Always nice to have a good stick...or two!

No comments: