Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

spring-ing

Ahhh the scent of wood violets. So much lovely time spent outside today pruning some roses, tidying up around the surfacing bulbs, admiring wood violets. I trimmed back the oregano and mint from last summer and the scents were divine. Eva and I planted two packs of sweet peas and some shell peas. I transplanted several chamomile plants growing outside the box and found some more kale plants that had reseeded themselves. I must say I am completely amazed by just how many poppies there will be this year. Poppies are apparently another plant that does quite well for itself if given a good start. You could have a whole yard with just poppies and mint and buttercups. Also happy to find the chard made it and appears to be doing well so far.

We saw the first crocus budding today. Here is Eva in the magical snowdrop hideaway.



With the hidden away snowdrops. So abundant!



Eva picked a handful of snowdrops.

No comments: