Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Samuel learned how to blow up a balloon today and has been blowing up and deflating his red balloon all day. He is so excited about it! I am in no state to be blowing up balloons and declined when he asked me if I wanted to give it a try. My body is all about rest and sitting still and not breathing too deeply right now. It occurred to me, however, that it has been a long time since I have used my actual lungs to blow up a balloon. I usually use the bicycle pump or the mini pump that came with the exercise ball (but not the one that squeaks like fingers on a blackboard, the other one)- yet another example of letting technology take over...thinking about trying out that red balloon when I am feeling better just to make sure I still can blow up a balloon. It'd be like knowing I can still balance my own checkbook or that I can still tie my shoes (if I had any shoes with actual ties). Hmm...that is interesting. How long has it been since I have had shoes with actual ties on them? I know, two summers ago I bought some cheap tennis shoes at Goodwill to wear to the barn for riding lessons. They have ties. Ah ha! Well, at least I know I can tie the little ribbon on the back of Barbie's dress. Or the little diaper on the Calico Critters' baby rabbit. I would like to put a request in to the Barbie makers and definitely to the Calico Critter people. Those ties really need to be a little longer. Wait, are they meant to be for Barbie to tie? OK, OK that makes sense. I wish she would tie the little diapers as well.

No comments: