Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

16 today (or thereabouts...)

Today is Agnes' 16th birthday! Imagine that! I remember thinking at one point several years ago that if there was a cat who would make it to 22 years, Agnes was that cat. At 16 she is healthy, albeit cranky, and very focused on her food and my lap. She has a little arthritis in her knees and can no longer jump up or down from the counter (not necessarily a place she needs to be but certainly a place every cat wants to be). And while most would consider her to be overweight, I give credit, at least in part, to that awesome cat food she eats for her staggering good health. (If Agnes was ever going to thank me for bringing Maxwell home, and I am certainly not holding my breath, it would be for that food. All the cats eat it now but Maxwell has to eat it. There would be no Innova Evo in the house if not for Maxwell and Agnes lives and breathes that cat food! It has become the very reason she wakes me up each day...) So here's to a long and healthy life! Here's to Agnes.



Agnes today after her birthday meal.

No comments: