Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

crewneck to cardigan

I finished up Eva's sweater- a 30 inch crewneck in acrylic yarn- without the neck ribbing. She wanted a cardigan and I have been planning throughout to knit the sweater in the round and cut it at the end to make a cardigan (ala Elizabeth Zimmerman). After finishing up today, I spent some time looking around and watching some other brave souls cut their knitting. This evening I did the same. Yes! I figured it out and I have to say I am very excited about the results and what this means for the future of cardigans in my life- without sewing up and purling on and on! All that is left is the ribbing around the neck edges and border which I hope to finish up tonight and tomorrow. Finished sweater to be posted soon- complete with golden star and heart buttons Eva picked out herself.



before the cut and after



basting up the center, machine stitching on either side to create steek, cut along center

Link I used on how to make a steek if you didn't knit one in to begin with.

One video on cutting a steek and another one on picking up stitches afterward.

No comments: