Pages

Monday, June 15, 2009

and on

We did more strawberry picking today and I am hoping to go for just a bit tomorrow. If I keep it short I seem to be able to get a little more picking in.

On another note, I made this cilantro salsa today (from Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison). I am thrilled that I remembered to buy the cilantro to go with the mint that is currently so prolific in my yard!

Blend everything up in the food processor-
1 large bunch cilantro (stems removed)
1/2 cup mint leaves
2 garlic cloves (of course I used 4 garlic scapes...)
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp olive oil (or to desired consistency)
juice of 1 lime (lemon works well although I see now the lime would really make it)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
salt
1 jalapeno chile, seeded (this is optional to me but in the original recipe)

OK and she says use it as a dip, in pita sandwiches, with hard cooked eggs, or spooned over grilled vegetables. I ate it on sprouted grain toast with melted raw cheddar!


The first daisy started to bloom today-






One of Eva's floral creations- this one for the pandas?

No comments: