Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

the frog watch continues

Well, we saw one frog (which is one frog more than the last time we went...) and as we were leaving we heard many more. It is still a little cold and I am tempted to go back in a few days but wonder if I am pushing my luck (with my kids, that is). Put it this way, if there is a time in the next two to five days or so that looks promising and I am in the frog mood, I will definitely go back to Sauvie Island. I was feeling very disappointed today because when we arrived there was a frog scare-er- as Eva aptly put it- driving around in the water doing only-they-know-what. There was not a duck or frog to be seen. There was a nutria, but only when the frog scare-er was far far away.

After they finished their project, they drove away and the water slowly began to repopulate with song birds and water birds and then we started to hear the frogs. By the time we could really hear them the kids were tired out and it was time to go. Another lovely day on Sauvie Island, with or without frogs, to be sure. As we were leaving we saw a bald eagle flying overhead. Lovely end.



spring crocuses!




frog watching and check out the frog scare-er...

No comments: