Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Watching my kids look at Samuel's Nintendo DS together. Today Samuel told me I was the best mom ever and Eva gave me a medal she drew with a heart in the center for the soup I made for dinner. Such goodness all around.

A quiet day starting with rain and ending with sunshine. Tomorrow there will be time in the garden and I am hoping for a walk in the woods somewhere on Friday.

Our rat Charlie is really slowing down and enjoys sleeping in my hand with his head propped against my fingers and his body nestled against my sweater. He really seems to enjoy snuggling with all of us and asks to be taken out of his cage each time he sees me. He isn't eating as many treats now and actually left his morning eggs untouched. The kids are taking turns letting him sit on their laps and he sat between us last night when we were reading. We have talked about him passing on at some point soon. I have watched enough of these little rodent guys slow down now to know that he is close and I am happy I am able to spend this quiet time with him and thank him for his time here with us, appreciating his ratness.

No comments: