Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

having a little coconut bliss

Today seems to be one of those days when my mind wants to take a break from abundant happy thoughts and go on a detour of entertaining every sad story it can whip up. I am doing my best to stay present with it all. Spending time with plants is helpful for me so I pruned some roses and while out there I noticed so many baby spiders spinning their webs among the buds. I started thinking about the spiders I have been seeing around the house over the last couple of days. We have a few ants coming and going here and there (it's that time of year after all) and the spiders have finally arrived to help out with that (their perspective, not the ants' obviously and maybe partially mine but only loosely. I don't mind a few ant scouts here and there. I don't even mind a lot of ant scouts but I know others do and I love that the spiders help resolve that for us or in spite of us or really probably more accurately not-anything-to-do-with-us. I use help for lack of a better word currently and I realize it gives the wrong impression.) So I was thinking about the spiders, a fun topic for me, and I was wondering how on earth the spiders seem to come around right when the ants are scouting further out. Amazing how it all works itself out. But wait, is that a glimmer of hope, a ray of understanding that my mind is allowing to trickle in. Mixing my metaphors but I hope so!

The rain on one side of the house and not the other has switched to neither side of the house and I am off to take a look at the emerging columbine and wood violets on the other side of the house. Don't knock whatever therapy helps.

No comments: