Pages

Monday, September 1, 2008



I have a couple of trunks with keepsake type stuff in them and they have been locked without a key to be found for about 5 years now. I lost the key sometime around the time that we moved up here from San Rafael. Samuel broke open one of them several months ago but the other one remained locked. I had a few ideas about what was inside but it had been several years since I had really been able to look through it. Last night, Eva and I were looking through the trunk that Samuel had managed to get open with a hammer and Eva found one of the missing keys! We opened up the other trunk and inside were so many old clothes and scarves and bags, many that I had completely forgotten about, many from college and from Russia and even things others had given me from Peru and Mexico. Eva is wearing a skirt I used to wear in college and an old hippie shirt that was first my moms and then mine, one I also wore in college. She has a locket that Matt's grandma Annabelle gave me several years ago. She had so much fun dressing up with everything last night and today is still enjoying everything she found. She said the trunk had "wondrous riches" inside. She is holding the heart of the locket open to where her heart is!

No comments: