Pages

Monday, September 8, 2008

transition

I blinked...





Autumn is on its way. Autumn is a type of transition in and of itself and then there is the autumn that is there when summer is no more. We have started the transition to autumn, the transition of autumn. Really, I have seen a few leaves in a few trees here and there, looking autumn-ish for a few days, weeks, now. Yesterday, I noticed for the first time the leaves on the blueberry bushes were changing color. There are still a few blueberries out there to pick, a half pint or a little bit more. I picked very thoroughly last week a few pints, up into the tops of the bushes. I found some wonderfully sweet blueberries and we finished them off yesterday. I love the contrast between the changing leaves and the last lingering blueberries.

Our bright red bush out front will soon be bright red again. It is one of the first changes to happen when the seasons move on.

No comments: