Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Eva and I had dinner together tonight. Let me tell you about it. It was divine. I roasted the chicken I bought at the Farmers Market yesterday with some potatoes that I dug out of our garden today with rosemary and thyme from my herb garden. We had a salad made with lettuce and basil from our produce basket (bibb?) and a cucumber, also from our garden, and a black brandywine tomato from the market yesterday. Northwest Blackberry sun tea, sunned today. Eva and I talked about Rip Van Winkle and the meaning of the word rip, of which there are many. Jack and Maxwell joined the meal because the chicken was really really good.

Samuel went bowling with Matt this afternoon for the first time ever! When he came back from bowling, he told me he had the "time of his life", which is to say that waiting until he was ready to go bowling really paid off. He had a blast, got a strike the very first time he bowled and even wore the funny bowling shoes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i am so jealous of those veggies!! i miss having a garden. sigh.