Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

charlie



Did I say we love our rat Charlie? Samuel and I took several picture tonight of Charlie looking oh so cute in his snuggly. See, he chewed a little hole out so that he could look at us and see if we have any snacks AND stay warm. The little guy gets chilly! Thankfully, Charlie's foot, which was injured just yesterday, seems to be back in working order today. We think he fell on it after climbing up his cage to get snacks. Every. Single. Time. He climbs up the cage bars to the second level and chews on the bars and waits for a treat! Every. Single. Time. Who taught him this? I do not know. Perhaps we did, inadvertently. And yet, I know it was his idea to begin with. I am so relieved his foot has healed as it doesn't look like they do casts or splints for rats. And to be honest, I am a little afraid of having to give him medicine. It's those teeth. He would never hurt me. I just don't want to test it. And besides, when I had to give Fluffy medicine, he disliked it so much, he started putting his little paws out to block the eyedropper before I could get it to his mouth. It is so sweet and I just don't have the heart to do it again. I mean, I would if I had to, I am just saying I am glad I don't have to.

No comments: