Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

finished sweater



Scarlet Runner beans the Hummingbirds love; Eva and Samuel with all of the babies in mid-game.

I finished up the summer sweater I have been working on. It is a raglan, long sleeve and knit from 100% organic cotton yarn made by Araucania and Patagonia. Now I just need a cooler day to try it out. Soon, soon... I am finding out that while the knitting may go smoothly, the shaping and fitting can be trying. I ripped out and redid the bottom hem and length three or four times and the sleeves twice. I also took out the neck hem to make it looser

.



Sage, Hyssop, Oregano in bloom, Echinacea/Purple Cone Flowers



Intricate Playbmobil game set up.



This is a game that Samuel came up with today. It is called Space Wars and is based on Star Wars figures and is also related to WWII, which he has been learning about from Brain Pop, as told per Samuel. It is a strategy game that has a few components of chess and also uses the D20 dice from D&D to determine whether or not an attack is successful. The pieces are Lego guy, some space Lego guys, some Indiana Jones Lego guys and then Eva and I got to have Princess Leia as our main guy. You can see the giant tank thing- which is from an Indiana Jones Lego set- that is one of Samuel's guys, but of course.

2 comments:

Anna's Spot said...

I am going to show that game to my son Alex, he is my lego guy/chess man. Thanks for sharing what a great game.

Jessica Huber said...

Oh I am glad you liked it! We spent some time yesterday typing out some of the rules so that he could remember them. The rules grow and grow :)
Jessica