Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

which day?

Today, as well as being Black Friday, aka the busiest shopping day of the year, is also known, in other circles, as Buy Nothing Day. Buy Nothing Day, as it turns out, works better for me simply because I don't relish shopping or large crowds, so basically a very-crowded-shopping-day experience is not something I {usually} consciously choose. Although, truth be known, I did check out some deals in various stores to see if it would be worth it for me to go out in the crowds. It wasn't. I found one deal but honestly I knew that wasn't going to make it worth while for me and I felt rushed and unprepared, what with our no-power-day on Wednesday and Thanksgiving yesterday. It there had been one more deal on one big ticket item in particular, I might have considered it. Emphasis on might. But no luck.

And I wondered today if it counted that I didn't buy anything today- does lunch count?- but bought A LOT the other day so that I would be done before today? My impetus for shopping Tuesday and Wednesday {online} was to safeguard against the-things-I-needed-to-buy being sold out (not so that I could not buy anything today) by the time I got around to buying them, which I had hoped would be more along the line of December 3rd or 4th, not the day before Thanksgiving. Still, it worked out that way and as it turns out {again} it's always nice to have a break. From almost anything. Even if I didn't plan on it. Sometimes especially if I didn't plan on it. One of my very favorite things is when things just work out.

No comments: