Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

halloween 2010

This year the kids were sick before, during and after Halloween. We went out trick or treating despite the illness. In fact, I'm really glad it's all over so that the kids are finally able to stop worrying about whether or not they would be able to go trick or treating even-though-they-were-sick. In my mind, they would have had to have been pretty sick to keep them in from trick or treating. If they opted to stay in, I would absolutely have honored that too. Still, there are only so many of these dress-up-and-go-trick-or-treating nights in your life and this Sunday was one of them. So we went.

In contrast to years past, Samuel didn't have a costume idea that he was looking forward to for long stretches at a time. He liked his costume and had fun with it but he didn't have the same level of enthusiasm about it that he did with, for instance, the Darth Vader costume (either the first or the second time around).

The weather was gorgeous and the trees really did their part. I love Halloween for getting people out in their community and saying hi to their neighbors. I am always so pleasantly surprised at how friendly everyone is and remind myself each year how much I love this part of the season.



The kids decorated the front of our house and Eva explaining her piles of candy to me after she sorted them.

One of the things about them being sick this year is that we have SO much more candy lingering around the house. I can't remember a time when the candy has lasted this long. Both of the kids have eaten a few things but for the most part have steered clear of the candy while they are feeling sick.



Here they are ready to go out- Eva as a cat and Samuel as Mad Eye Moody from Harry Potter.

No comments: