Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

card making project

So I've decided to make holiday cards with Eva this year. I got the idea after being totally inspired by Martha Stewart and her pumpkin dessert recipes for Thanksgiving. And Eva had a lot of fun making Halloween decorations this year, some of which were inspired by ideas we also saw on Martha Steward online. After Thanksgiving- or during?- I started looking at Holiday decorations, particularly the card making section, and I was hooked. Today we went out and bought a few bits of craftiness for the cards. It's hard to go into Joanne's for long stretches because all of the smells- I'm thinking the glues and perfumes and other odd bits- tend to make Samuel feel sick. So I try to be as thoughtful as I can while rushing most of the time. It worked fairly well this time, although I may need to go back. Maybe I can go somewhere else.

Here's what we got-
card stock in various colors
smallish plain cards
glue
glitter
snowflakey decorations
small glittery snowflakey decorations in two sizes
red poinsettia decorations

I am still thinking about stamps. And buttons. I have a list across the room with other things written in it that I am also thinking about but I am going to leave it there for now as Agnes is currently sleeping in my lap and I don't want to disturb her. I'm sure there will be plenty of time for list reading later on, but I never know when Agnes is going to get up and move into the other room...

No comments: