Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

What a dog won't do

I just found our dog Jack sitting in the hallway with two half-chewed-on marshmallow peeps (these were of the rabbit variety, so what my kids calls screeches- because that is the sound bunnies make. Peep is the sound chicks make.). The bunny peeps were gooey with dog drool and wrapped in a couple of pieces of Easter grass, blue dye dripping onto the carpet and my hand. I am betting the Easter grass is part of the reason they were still sitting there in the hallway and not in Jack's stomach. When I showed him the screech Jack turned his head. He didn't want to talk about it. Bad memory.

And yet...not ten minutes later he was sniffing around in Samuel's Easter basket {again}, checking out the peep chains and wondering (I can only imagine) how to remove them from the basket without the Easter grass this time.

No comments: