Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Today I

-agreed with the placement of some yellow jacket nests and did not agree with others.
-knocked down the beginnings of a yellow jacket nest while the queen was off gathering materials to make it bigger.
-closed the shed door as tightly as possible so that she cannot start another nest literally right in front of where the lawn mower is.
-explained to a yellow jacket that there were other...better...safer places where she could build her nest, places where she would not have to share space with me at all. She was not convinced and gave me a seriously hard stare every time I came by to chat.
-felt concerned that she would either build her nest in exactly the same spot or fly around dazed and saddened that her first nest was taken down. It is her life's work after all and to be honest, I could do without mowing the lawn. Such is life. I can't resist checking on her...

No comments: