Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

zoo etcetera

We went to the zoo yesterday. Here is Samuel enjoying his pizza at the zoo. I am fairly ambivalent about the zoo experience and generally come away feeling very sad for at least one, oftener several animals I have seen there. I wonder why I take the kids there at all. Sometimes Eva requests it, to see the animals, and sometimes I take them because it is a place to go where we can walk around and be outside and ? Not sure. I let my zoo membership lapse and went yesterday because it was free day at the zoo. We took canned foods for the food drive and walked around the zoo with A LOT of other people. To be honest I didn't think that many people would show up because it is January and chilly outside. I sorely underestimated what people will endure for a free day at the zoo, myself included.



Today was a sort of pancake-making-playing-with-playdoh-knitting sort of day. Here are Eva's playdoh creations.















Eva's hair has grown out a bit and she has been asking for braids. I am brushing up on my french braiding skills. She likes to keep her bangs clipped very short and takes care of that project on her own.

3 comments:

jfustok said...

i agree with you about zoos, i always feel depressed there so i leave trips to the zoo and circus up to their dad.

Jessica Huber said...

Oi thankfully the circus has not been an issue :) I suppose I should add "yet" :)

Lisa said...

gotta chime in with another "me too" on the zoo.