Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2009

happy new year!

I spent the day yesterday trimming back and cleaning out. I actually cleaned out the garage and I dare anyone to find a photo (not being viewed) that is not in a photo album. Today I finished Eva's baby book and went through some of my past journals, retiring the ones that were filled and finding a lot of space in others plus several unrecorded dreams I had forgotten about. I have been writing down my dreams for several years but sometimes they come in such a flurry that I get behind and sometimes, but not often really, I find some that I have forgotten to write down entirely. I do take notes in the middle of the night or right when I wake up if there is a chance I will forget a dream and these are some of the notes I found lingering in various notebooks.

It is so satisfying to tie up some of these loose ends, clean things up and out for the New Year. My yearly tradition of tossing all of my lists that are lying around was very satisfying as well and this morning my little to-do notebook is totally blank and clean, free and clear. Even the grocery list is cleaned up. Lots of wisdom to be found when looking back and lots of room freed up when you let it flow like it is meant to. I am reading the book The Comfort Trap and one of the chapters on letting go has the title Look Back But Don't Stare. I like to think this was my inspired tactic both yesterday and today.

Now I look ahead to the New Year and to My Birthday tomorrow! Hooray for massages and Thai food and walks in the woods! Samuel said maybe I should throw in a haircut for good measure just to make sure I get all of the momma stuff in that I can on this one special day!

No comments: