Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2007



Eva eating a peach near the sunflowers that she planted. We planted the sunflowers at different intervals this year so they are all coming up tall and short and blooming all around.



Here are some of the taller guys. They are taller than me!



This bee is really enjoying the sunflowers we planted.



The autumn light creates long shadows on the tomatoes who are finally turning red. The next few days of heat will probably turn several of them and then it is spaghetti time!



Eva picking flowers in her maiden costume. Today she asked me what the difference was between a maid and a maiden and it got me thinking about the origin of the word maid. It is embarrassing to explain these things to my very open and optimistic daughter. I feel sad but she tosses it off happily!



More lovely flowers Eva picked.



Lovely rainbow in our back yard.

No comments: