Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

april knitting

Here's what I made with one skein of Noro taiyo yarn (color 18). Let me say that this is one yummy yarn. Delicious to work with and gorgeous to look at both knit and unknit.

Noro taiyo- 40% cotton, 30% silk, 15% wool, 15% nylon. One skein is ~100 grams/ 200 meters. I got a gauge of 4 stitches/ inch stocking stitch in the round with #8 needles for the baby hat. I used #3 needles for the fingerless gloves which were roughly ~5 1/2 st/in in pattern and #5 needles for Eva's leg warmers (she is 7 years old; co 36, k1p1 rib for 12-13 inches {she wanted them past her knee}).



One pair fingerless gloves for smaller adult hands, one baby hat, one leg warmer for a 7 year old girl, plus a little left over. You know what that means? I have to get back over to the yarn store lickety split to pick up another skein of this yarn so that I can knit up that second leg warmer pronto. Too bad they are closed on Mondays.