Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2008

The kids and I went to see the live walking with dinosaurs show this week. It was a lot of fun and really well done. The dinosaurs were huge! I had no idea what to expect when I bought the tickets, nor did I know what to tell the kids we were going to see. We have really enjoyed the whole series from the library, particularly one that we ordered recently called Prehistoric Park where Nigel goes through a time warp and brings back extinct creatures for his gigantic wild life park. You can see a little of one show here. Not quite the same as live, but you get the idea a little. It was big fun.

We have been taking care of our car lately, trying to baby it a little to get it to pass the DEQ tests so that I can get it registered. We thought for sure it would pass this time. We had a bunch of work done this past week and I drove it over yesterday. I was so confident and happy. And yet, the man at the DEQ said, "She's not passing for you today." Not the words I had been hoping for. I was thinking there should be some sort of exemption for me on this one. I eat local food, I buy a lot of used clothing, I don't use much fuel or eat very much meat. Can't I just not do this DEQ thing this once so that I can register the car and then I can go about continuing to fix it or whatever needs to be done? Can't the people who eat all of the out of season food and live in very large houses and leave lights on when they leave the room do the DEQ thing to help their footprints and I can opt out this time? I don't drive that much or that far. Obviously I know what would happen if they did have an exemption. Oh well. It is still too bad everything has to be so black and white and that my car didn't pass!

No comments: