Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2008

And just like that

our car is registered again! Hooray. Our awesome mechanic (thanks Lisa!) fixed her up and took her through DEQ himself to make sure she passed! And she did! I took our mechanic cupcakes from New Seasons because I was so excited he took care of DEQ for me. I had already been there four times and the mechanic took her through twice (the last time being the last time!). And I wondered if I should make them all homemade chocolate chip cookies as a thank you but thought that might be overkill. But would you believe that when we showed up to pick up our car, someone else had left them a whole bag full of homemade chocolate chip cookies! They are truly much beloved mechanics over there.

The kids and I were so excited to get our tags from the DMV and Samuel wanted to put them on himself. High fives all around. What an ordeal. I feel lighter than air and so free today without the weight of an unregistered vehicle on my hands. Almost as though I didn't have anything to do. And of course we ran errands today and were giddy with the knowledge that the little tag on the car reads 12/09. And everything else that has been tricky with our little car over the last several months is taken care of as well! Hip Hip Hurray!

No comments: