Pages

Monday, December 3, 2007

Oh the rain came pouring down down down...

Well, no one would deny the rainy season is upon us. We are having a ton of rain and if you go outside it is pretty Weathery Weather. Lots and lots of rain and wind and it is still pretty warm, in the high '50's, so it isn't bitter or anything. And yet, as much as I admire the weather, we are spending quite a bit of time indoors. Samuel and Eva are ricocheting off of the ceilings at this point. The scooter was brought into the living room this morning and there is also a jump rope, evidence that some one(s) were feeling very active! The trampoline is ready for action.

Lots of games, lots of art projects, lots of puzzles, lots of videos. We watched a great Nature program last night about the wild horses of Mongolia. Right now the Care Bears Nutcracker! is on. I am hoping to watch Fiddler on the Roof later on.

I made an excellent carrot soup a couple of nights ago and then a tasty chicken and root vegetable soup with rutabagas, carrots, turnips and purple potatoes. Both were so good and I definitely feel a part of this fall vegetable season now. I am thinking of making some bread but am undecided. Maybe not. There is a request in for brownies which will probably happen later today after we go out again! Right now everyone is resting up from the big trip to the library we just went on. There isn't a lot of motivation from anyone except Jack to go out. And even Jack ducks his head when he heads outdoors!

Part of the restlessness is part of the season. Christmas and what this means is coming closer each day and Samuel is really wanting to DO something, anything, to show Christmas that he knows it is approaching. Last night we got out Christmas music and we have been reading Christmas Stories and Eva watched the Grinch this morning. Yes, it is coming. And yet, no matter what we do, it is coming at a frustratingly slow pace. Each morning the kids rush into the kitchen to eat their piece of chocolate from their advent calendars. Samuel suggested that if they ate them all, perhaps it would be Christmas finally! Next year he wants to make a Custom Advent Calendar with large chocolate Santas for each day so that you can eat the candy all day. And I am not sure how many boxes of candy canes they have gone through already.

I have been knitting a lot. My gloves are nearly done. I finished Samuel's hat. I quit the scarf I think I wrote about last because it was too scarfy. My sweater waits on.



Eva's hat (mittens from last year); Eva's poncho; Samuel's hat (mittens from last year)

I would have loved to have posted a picture of Eva in her poncho and yet it was not meant to be- yet! Ever hopeful am I. I tried to take a picture of her in her poncho a couple of days ago and it turned into this really complicated photo of her with the poncho on and her stuffed animal Chickie on one shoulder and her stuffed animal Mom Cat on her other shoulder and her two arms up holding the animals onto her shoulders and me trying to kind of pull down the poncho so that you could see it better and how it drapes... and then Samuel wanted to be in the photo so he got a couple of his stuffed animals and put them on his shoulders and then they weren't really looking at Eva's the way he wanted them too so when I took the picture he was scowling. So then I took another photo and this time I was finally in the flow of the way things are and I was laughing and then Samuel was laughing and the animals fell and Eva was looking at Chickie and you couldn't really even tell that she had on a poncho. And I was going to post this photo, but just now when I uploaded it onto my computer, the computer and I misunderstood one another and I cannot find where the computer put it. So there is no longer a photo for me to post. So I posted just the naked poncho, with no body in it. And you see how it goes...

No comments: