Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

zen and the art of missing maxwell



This is a cotton yarn that I hand dyed around eight years ago or so. It has been sitting with other unfinished knitting and knotted skeins of yarn all these years just waiting to be wound into neat little knit-with-able balls of yarn. Apparently my cat-missing-mind is just the right mind to undertake this task. I was pleased that this particular unwound skein was not as knotted and gnarled as I had thought it would be. Still, it's not a project I would choose for just any day. Obviously. I am planning to use this yarn to knit cotton bath puppets. All I can say is that people are going to be receiving A LOT of hand knits for Christmas gifts this year. Keeping my hands busy is definitely helping me with my missing-maxwell-mind.

No comments: