Pages

Saturday, March 8, 2008

nutella II

So basically Nutella is really good. It is good on crackers and it is good on apples and it is good in a bowl with a spoon.

This morning-
Eva- "Momma, can I have some of that penitentiary? It was really good!"
Me- Thinking to myself, "Hmmm...I wonder what penitentiary is?" (I mean, I know what penitentiary is, but what does Eva mean right now when she says penitentiary?)
Eva- "Momma can I please have some penitentiary. You know, the stuff in the jar? Can I have some in a bowl?"
Me- "Ah ha! Nutella!" And I give her some in a bowl with a spoon.

This afternoon-
Eva- "Momma, can I have the marsupial?"
Me- Thinking to myself and squinting my eyes and puckering my lips and trying to u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d (discern the hidden meaning within) what marsupial is...I conjure up images of stuffed creatures and little plastic creatures and look around and wonder what we saw at the store yesterday that I came home with but am not remembering right now.
Samuel- Sensing my confusion, says to Eva, "Eva, what sort of thing is marsupial?"
Me- I smile. "Yes! Exactly! What sort of thing is marsupial? Thank you Samuel. Good idea!"
Samuel- Nonchalant, "Sure." Back to whatever robot he is looking at but with an ear for the conversation...
Eva- "You know, that stuff from the grocery story?"
Me- "Ah yes! Nutella!" Relieved!
Eva- "Yes. Can I have some in a bowl? With a spoon?"

Later-
Samuel- "Hey, that stuff is pretty good. Can I have some Drusilla?"
Me- "Yes!"
Samuel- "Is that what it's called? Drusilla?"
Me- "Nutella!"
Samuel- "Huh, that was pretty close!" Big smile!

Later-
Eva just calls it Drusilla now!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Haha, this is hilarious. Was looking for robot cake pictures, but this will do for now. :)