Pages

Thursday, February 4, 2010

ice skating

The kids and I have been able to get out quite a bit lately after feeling sick for-what-seemed-like-ever. {Which seems less dramatic than saying we were sick *forever*. Because we weren't, it just seemed like it. It was actually only a little over a week.} And I have to say I am looking forward to more ice skating today. I am going to be sure to take plenty of food, though. The last time we went ice skating I was so hungry and had a migraine coming on. I could find no respite in the food surrounding me at the mall. Ack. Something about eating one of those pretzels or egads having a drink of my kids' icee? would surely have made things worse. So it's peanut butter and crackers for me today. And lots and lots of water. And maybe some iced tea, but only because that sounds good right now. Proactive is the word of the day. Ice skating wears me out and makes my head cold but if I am ready for it, I love spending time there with my kids and our friends. And of course Samuel and Eva love it. They ask about it all week long and want to stay and skate all day. What more?

No comments: