Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

early morning

I am up very early this morning with just the hint of a migraine and trying to decide if I should have some caffeine to try and put an end to it once and for all or if I should go back to sleep. Obviously, they are mutually exclusive. This migraine started yesterday evening and I thought I had pushed it back to wherever migraines come from last night when I went to sleep but obviously it stuck around enough to get me up with the cats this morning.

I think for now I will sit up and have some macaroni and cheese. Between me and me, I have eaten nearly the whole box I made last night. There seems to be nothing quite like macaroni and cheese for a migraine {for me}. Oatmeal is good too. Other pasta. Something about the intense carbs is really important. Is that serotonin production? Migraines are such complicated beasts I suppose it could be any number of things. All I know is that I keep a box of mac n cheese in the cupboard specifically for migraines and that during those times it is transformed from a mere boxed convenience food to a near nectar of the gods.

I see a hint of sunlight through the window now. A subtle lightening of the sky. I imagine that by the time it is really light outside I will be going back to sleep for a while. My kids were up very late last night which seemed like a bad thing at the time but I am now seeing it could be a good thing, what with me up before the crack of dawn and all. I may get some extra time to sleep and perhaps say goodbye to my migraine. Mac n cheese and a little more sleep may be just the thing. No caffeine needed. Some days I really can't take the caffeine. Another one of those maybe good, maybe bad zen moments that seems to permeate my life, helping me to suspend judgment on what goes on and allowing me to be with what is. If I stop and think about it, I have to admit that things usually do work out at some point on some level. I don't always like the process on the way, though. Looking closer I see that might not be a bad thing. Maybe yes. Maybe no. I'm sure there's something in there about learning to suspend judgement on the process as well. Leave it to a migraine to shed light on a process. They seem to be a whole process in and of themselves.


Before heading off to sleep, I wanted to post some cute pictures from the other day when our friends Lisa, Orion and Akasha came over to visit. We loved hanging out and showing them Albert and Terrence, but of course!



Here is Eva showing Akasha Albert. My goodness but she loved that guinea pig. The last picture is Akasha eating some of my canned peaches. That night the kids and I could not stop talking about how cute it was that she brought her bowl into me and asked for "more peaches". Toddlers and guinea pigs- what more? Well, peaches, for one, obviously. But after that you are really stretching.

I am off to sleep for a bit before Samuel and Eva wake up. See you on the other side of the migraine.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hey, it's my bebe! Thanks for taking these. I wish I would have tried your famous canned peaches! I bet there are even better right from the hand. :) The series of three is quite funny if you don't read the explanation, like A is probably eating guinea pig food hahahaha. Hope your migraine got macncheesed right back where it came from.