Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Yep, it was one of those crafy-projecty sorts of days. Eva and I made pine cones with peanut butter and birdseed for the birds. Now when they come to the other feeders in the yard they can eye these new feeders suspiciously until one of them- a jay? a starling? a flicker?- takes the bold leap and tries the peanut butter. Then there will be no stopping them. Until then, we will keep watching out the windows- or is that just me?- waiting for large flocks to visit our yard. Unfortunately, the bird population has gone down significantly in my backyard since the landlord had a few of the bushes with berries that the birds liked so much cut back dramatically. One bush in particular used to have dozens of robins on it this time of year. Sigh. All the more reason to put out the new feeders. I am planning on planting extra sunflowers this summer as well to add some more bird feeding in the garden.

Eva also did shrinky dinks, a light bright pattern, painted her new flower press, painted a few small paintings, collected leaves and ferns to press in the new flower press, built forts for the guinea pigs, helped clean the guinea pig cage- what else? I knit. I finished the first glove of another set of fingerless gloves. This is my fifth pair over the last month or so. After this pair I plan on starting a new project from the winter issue of Interweave Knits. It should be a challenge and I am hoping to finish it up in a month. Then I will finish that pair of socks I didn't finish last summer. They are, after all, still waiting for me right where I left them- one sock done, but not quite right, needing to be ripped out part way to re-knit, this time a bit longer...

No comments: