Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Home Project 3- guinea pig fleece!



Terrence sitting on the new fleece-y goodness we got for the guinea pigs' cage. This was Home Project #3 and really came together when I was at the fabric store buying liner fabric for the knit bag I just finished. Synchronicity guiding the way...

We bought a few inexpensive towels today to go underneath the fleece and set it all up for the piggies. When we put them in their cage with the new bedding set up they blipped around happily for quite a while. The bedding for their cage had gotten to be both incredibly messy (it got everywhere!) and cost prohibitive (wow- it cost so much to be able to change their bedding as often as I wanted). I'm glad to have found a solution that works for both me and the pigs. It is also incredibly cute to think about them appreciating the softness of the fleece on their little feet.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Wow, it's like cloth diapering for guinea pigs lol! I would have never thought of that. So you have a few and just change them out and wash them? I will be interested to hear how it goes, or if they chew at it or anything! You could have a home business on your hands lol.