Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

back in the garden

We usually go pick apples to celebrate the autumn equinox but this year the kids were sick so we picked out some plants for the garden- kale, mesclun mix, beets and three mums. Eva and I planted the veggies yesterday finally and while I was out there I noticed that the seeds I had planted several weeks ago are also doing really well. Let's hear it for a bumper crop of kale. There are also quite a few carrots and a few types of lettuces. The beets I planted wow last spring are doing so well and ready for the juicer. How many beets can one person eat? We shall soon find out. I still can't get over how many carrots there are out there.

My dad is visiting right now and I am hoping if the weather allows it that we will go pick apples tomorrow. We took him to see the swifts {a second time for us} on Sunday night and out to play miniature golf yesterday. This has become quite a tradition and the kids look forward to it every time he comes out to visit. This time I thought we might try out a new miniature golf place but we ended up at our same old place. It is definitely a little run down and a tad over priced for the lack of upkeep but we like it. I would say one of the perks is that we are usually the only people there and the kids can go through as quickly as they want. This time Eva went through very quickly on her own and then came back to walk through again with us. This year also marked a milestone in that it was the first year that we actually kept score all the way through with Samuel.



Eva on her own course.



Samuel in the mini-golf flow.

No comments: