Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

chacha yarn

Eva picked out some funky yarn at the yarn shop a few weeks ago. (Trendsetter yarn Chacha in color 29, purple.) They had a scarf made out of it on display and Eva loved it and thought it would make an amazing purse (and then a smaller scarf with what was left over...).

I wound up the yarn on a toilet paper roll the other night and read through the instructions on exactly how to knit with this yarn because you don't knit with the actual ribbon but instead knit through holes above the ribbon. This proved to be trickier than I had thought it would be and I ripped out what I had and set it aside. I waited until I had some quiet time to myself this evening to check out the yarn again and found this youtube video to help.



Sample of Chacha. It's a little under 1 inch wide and knits up in ruffles!

1 comment:

Shady Lady said...

That yarn is so cool!!! Once we've got some room in the budget, I'm going to have to get some. Thanks for sharing and for the how-to link.