Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

harry potter trip day 1

The kids and I are up in Seattle with friends to check out the Harry Potter exhibit at the Pacific Science Center. We came up on a train with Amtrak this afternoon (which was good and bad- good, because it's a fine way to travel and the kids enjoyed themselves and the new experience, etc. bad, because i had such an awful case of motion sickness that i had to literally sit with my head down on the table in front of me with my eyes closed for most of the entire ride. {so that's um 3 1/2 hours give or take...} thank goodness for carolyn and the kids getting along and understanding and all that because i was so so sick i could do very little else but sit quietly hoping for the few stops along the way to last as long as possible. needless to say, i have already been planning a trip to the drug store for medicine to help me on the way home. i mean, i don't want to assume that i will necessarily be sick like i was on the way here, but i don't want to leave it completely to chance either. the complimentary ginger ale {kept just for such an occasion...} helped during one of our stops, but was not enough to get me through the whole trip unscathed. i'll be carrying some of that with me, as well, though, you can be sure.)

So- there are no pictures yet, but we are all checked in and we've eaten and even swam in the pool for a bit. We're all looking forward to the exhibit first thing tomorrow.

1 comment:

Shady Lady said...

I hope the return trip is less, uhm...eventful. Can't wait to hear about the exhibit!