Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

wahclella falls

We took off for the woods yesterday after I decided that was the only cure for my restlessness. I took a lot of photos- mostly of water and children. Children in water. Or near it. And especially children near a majestic waterfall. In many poses. From far away. We had a glorious good time and I left feeling much more connected than when I started, both to myself and my kids. Samuel even gave me the- "Hey that turned out better than I thought it would!" talk at the end. Surely there isn't a better way to end a hike than with a few dozen pictures of my kids smiling at a waterfall, at me and even {once or twice} at each other.



Just getting started.





Eva found these little rock-shells on some rocks in part of the river. They reminded us of the little rock-shelled-river-creatures we saw in the Washougal River last summer. These were definitely creature-made as well. And, as always, I am inspired by flowers growing out a rock in the middle of a river. Life-living-wherever-it-can and some such.



Eva jumping from rock to rock and climbing up from the water to where Samuel and Jack and I were already eating.



Where we ate lunch and- finally we see the big Wahclella Waterfall. It was tricky getting Samuel to climb that last big hill in the hot sun before we reached it, but it was so worth it once we saw the falls and were able to spend some time there.



Wahclella Falls.





More falls majesty and- heading back across the bridge to begin the hike back.



One last bit of waterfall magic near the end of the hike.

No comments: