Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

ice skating

The kids and I tried out ice skating lessons with some other homeschoolers through the ice rink at Lloyd Center today. Samuel tried it out and decided he did not want to continue with the lessons and Eva and I are going to go ahead and keep going. The lessons last for 8 weeks and I am hoping it will work out for Samuel to sit in the waiting area and watch or play his DS while Eva and I take the lessons. They are just a half hour long and while we haven't done anything like this before, I am hoping it works out. Crossing my fingers that it works out, actually. It helps that there is candy, I think. Yes, I will take all the help I can get on this one.

I signed us up because Eva has been asking to go ice skating for over a year now. This seemed like the perfect opportunity because I am allowed to take the lessons with her- a rare find. Apparently you are never past learning to ice skate. I ice skated quite a bit while growing during the winter at a local spot that was filled up each year and turned into an outdoor rink. The last time I ice skated, though, was at Rockefeller Center when we lived in New York. I am definitely rusty and was really enjoying the lessons with Eva today.



Eva ice skating today.

No comments: