Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

owl crafting

Today turned out to be an amazing day for food! Tonight I made Soupe Au Pistou (at long last I got some tomatoes in one of my baskets...) and it was as delicious as I remembered it, possibly rivaling Minestrone as my favorite soup. Possibly. I also made a quiche and put in some potatoes and zucchini, but of course. And a peach-blueberry crisp. The fruit was so sweet I only used a little agave syrup in the topping to sweeten it. And peach-watermelon juice. Oh the amazing abundance of this time of year. There are cucumbers and carrots for all. Watermelon. Everything is flowing over into the freezer to be enjoyed both now and later. If you are curious about abundance, a trip to the peach orchard will surely show you the way...



Eva was inspired to make this stuffed owl today. She did everything except sew up the bottom to keep the stuffing in. She saw a similar owl on the cover of a button craft book I have checked out from the library- Button it Up by Susan Beal. After she finished with his wings, she sewed a piece of thread on his head and used it to fly him around. He will also sit on your wrist, as shown in this picture.

No comments: