Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2007

tomato plants!




Today I planted the first of the tomato plants to grow in the garden I have set up. Last year I planted some in early April and this year I heeded advice to wait until May- so it is almost May and there are two plants in! Eva helped me plant the cucumber plants she picked out and Samuel helped to water some flower seeds. I want to have a small cut flower garden so that Eva can pick as many as she wants. The garden is already so lovely and we ate soup made from chard and onions I picked yesterday! This new house we are living in has such a wonderful yard and the garden space is a dream.

The kids are playing baseball right now, a sure sign it is warmer outside!

And at the Portland farmer's market today- strawberries, asparagus and some rhubarb pie from Ellen. Hooray for spring produce!

No comments: