Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

hat knitting

I finished my hat! Here's a link to the pattern at Purl Bee. I modified it slightly by casting on 108 stitches and knitting at a gauge of 6 stitches/ inch (stocking stitch) rather than 4.75, with #3 needles for the ribbing (I did knit 1, purl 1 rib rather than knit 2, purl 2.) and #4 for the stockinette stitch part. I used roughly 1 1/4 skeins of Jojoland's sport weight cashmere, which, can I just say, has been fabulous to knit with. I think I might even have enough in the second skein to make a pair of matching fingerless gloves!



Here I am in the hat and here is the hat all laid out. It is *much* longer with the ribbing being 6 inches and the height of the rest of the hat being 7 inches.

3 comments:

Shady Lady said...

Wow, that yarn is so beautiful....I'm not buying any yarn for quite a while. I've got a bunch and money is tight so I'm trying to use what I've got. I'll just sit here and sigh and look at your pretty hat. :)

Jessica Huber said...

Thank you! Yeah, this yarn was what I think would qualify as an impulse buy :) I'll be sure to bring it when I see you next so you can feel it in person!

Shady Lady said...

I would LOVE to see it in person!! Thanks! :)